Wednesday 23 October 2013


Podcasts, Slideshare and TED – Thing 13

Podcasts are already an important part of my life.  They make my visits to the gym bearable for a start - there’s nothing like being podcast-distracted for the miles, floors and repeats to be achieved with less angst and more speed.   I can recommend the archives of BBC’s In Our Time to come away feeling stretched in every sense.  Slideshare – I’ve explored it a couple of times in the past, just to see if there is anything there that is relevant to my research or if there are presentations by people that I know.  But I am not quite convinced it will be of huge use.  But TED  - now that is something quite new and I am excited by the whole concept and tempted by the vast list of accessible talks on - well, I can’t believe the range of topics. 
In fact, after a day of writing, perhaps a video treat awaits right now.  Possibly No.151, “Hip hop dance and a touch of magic”?  Then I can try it out myself in the gym tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment