Friday 25 October 2013


Pinch me again – I need to wake to the realisation that I am not doing a PhD after all, but preparing for my 11+ , which I am obviously doomed to fail. On account of not reading instructions thoroughly. 

OK, OK, so now I see there is a tab that gives the schedule for the 23 Things.  Schedule?  I hadn’t taken that on board.  I thought it was a question of working through at one’s own pace. I did have a look at Things 9-12, honest I did.  I just didn’t seem to have anything to blog about them. So I skipped ahead.  

Will now go back, stick to the timetable and do the course properly and thoroughly, along with everyone else out there who reads instructions. Tail is between legs. 

2 comments:

  1. But you're posting, please don't stop! I agree it's difficult not to cherry-pick the tasks you're most interested in, and I've been looking ahead too. Do you think you might keep blogging after 23 Things? What do you want to write about now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Oxford Voter! Not sure whether I'll continue to blog after 23 Things; it feels rather narcissistic in many ways. I know reflective learning is important and blogging is clearly a good way to develop it, but I thought Eva Wiseman in the Observer was spot on yesterday about the (seemingly sad) seeking of approval in posting tweets, Instagrams etc:"We document everything we want to be true..." But perhaps I just need to take the risk. And I'll certainly keep going with 23Things.

    ReplyDelete